Monday, July 11, 2011

Pajamas & ponytails and other weekend shenanigans

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was good and expensive, but I'll get to that later...

So basically, my sister is my best friend- we should have been twins but she didn't get the memo and was approximately 21 months late. We're both in school right now, and I never get to see her anymore which makes me very sad. I was excited when she made room for me in her very busy schedule on Friday for a "Pajamas and Ponytails" coffee date. The rule is, neither of us can "look cute". We roll out of bed and into Starbucks, who by the way brought back their coconut syrup *insert angelic choir*. Anyways, it was so nice to have some sister time-even if it was in pajamas and ponytails...


Us then. Partners in crime!
                                                                          


Us now



Apparently this weekend I decided I had money to burn (what money?). As I've mentioned, I'm in grad school and have the summer off, so naturally I should be buying Tiffany bracelets and Coach purses, right? WRONG! But I did anyways! I don't know what is wrong with me- shopping addiction? Addicted to financial stress? Addicted to fabulous things?

This first purchase is slightly more justifiable than the second one... My boyfriend got me this bracelet for Christmas a few years ago, and I lost it a few months afterward. That thought still makes me sick. Anyways, I have been watching Ebay and other sites since then and no one was selling it. I decided to just replace it, and apparently this weekend was the time to do that. Why? I'm not sure.


 After my little jewelry purchase on Saturday, I found myself browsing Coach purses on Craigslist. Again, what is wrong with me? I found one that I loved and contacted the seller (it was a good deal, afterall). So, today I went and picked up my ivory Leah Tote. Here she is:



So here I sit, wearing my new bracelet, sitting next to my new tote and am over $200 poorer. Am I alone in the shopping addiction stuff? Aye Aye Aye...






2 comments:

Arielle said...

I love your purse! That is such a good idea, looking on Craigslist!!
New follower:-)

Ma Belle La Vie said...

Thank you! I hope I didn't help start a bad habit for you, but seriously- you can find some REALLY good deals on Craigslist. I paid $80 for that one, and it's in perfect condition! So glad you stopped by! =)