Sunday, July 24, 2011

Spray tan snafu and other weekend happenings

This weekend I went out of town for a wedding. In preparation for said wedding I thought I'd get a little spray tan. All was well until I looked down at my ankle about 4 hrs later... It looked like I had a terrible skin disease! Eek!



I got crafty with some foundation and bronzer and luckily you could barely tell.  What am I doing wrong? How do you avoid spray tan mishaps around your ankles?

Second mishap of the weekend: When we got home on Saturday afternoon I immediately started tearing through my overnight bag. It occurred to me that I didn't remember putting my clutch in my bag. Suspicion confirmed: I had indeed left my clutch behind along with my camera, cell phone and some make-up inside. FML. We called the hotel and thankfully it was still on the table in our room when the nice hotel employee checked. Since I didn't feel like turning back around and making that hr and 1/2 drive again, they'll be mailing my things back to me. *fingers crossed that no other mishaps occur*

Now back to spray tans... I discovered a little show called My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding this weekend while having a lazy Saturday. Umm, have you seen this show? I was instantly mesmerized:

  • Pink wedding dress with battery pack for LED lights and fluttering butterflies? Check! 
  • People getting married at age 16? Check!
  • A groom with a rat tail?  Check! 
Have I convinced you that you need to watch this show yet? I'm not kidding- I couldn't stop watching and there was a marathon on. GREAT! Perfect way to spend a Saturday. You can bet that I DVR'd that shiz, too!



 In other weekend news, as I'm sure you've already heard, Amy Winehouse passed away. Now I can't say that I'm entirely surprised, but I am sad at the waste of such a young life and such an amazing talent.




Hope you all had wonderful weekends!








No comments: