Monday, June 20, 2011

"L" stands for Lazy



So, among the many pleasures of working in education is having summers off! Sure, I'm getting my teaching license because I love Social Studies and want to shape and inspire young minds, I want to feel like I am doing something to make this world a better place, etc... But I'd be lying if I said that one of the biggest draws to the profession isn't summer vacation- it is pure bliss and not to mention well deserved! I feel like I have to play the "I need to find a part time job" card when people what I'll be doing for work this summer when I really have no intention to. The truth is I DO NOT feel bad in the slightest! Is that bad??? I have worked full time while being in grad school full time for over a year now- I feel like I deserve a little R&R and dang it, I'm going to take it! I have been enjoying sleeping in until 9:00, watching all of the lovely morning talk shows while drinking obscene amounts of coffee, spending ridiculous amounts of time on my computer, workin' on my fitness, reading and doing a whole lot of nothing and not feeling guilty about any of it. I do miss my students a lot, however! The students gave all of the teachers appreciation books at the end of the year in which they signed and wrote precious little messages. I nearly cried when I read mine; never did I think I'd be so lucky to have a job that I would love so much. It really is a blessing and if there was ever any doubt in my mind that I'm doing the right thing with my life, that wiped it all away. Here are a few that made my eyes well up and my heart smile...







~A







No comments: